You are the star of the show...
...howeverrr, the location you choose is also important.
When it comes to your business, your face and personality is what matters. But when choosing a location you want to find something that matches the essence of you and what your story is all about in order to maximize your content investment. Locations that go with what you bring to the table will only help solidify and make visual sense to your potential clients. I've compiled a list of local areas in the Treasure Coast to help you find your perfect fit.
I'm guessing you spend majority of your time at your home, so for some it would make sense. It where you can feel most comfortable and most times your home speaks volumes of who you are. It could also be where your home office is. However, it isn't the right fit for all. There are a few things to consider.
- Does your home have enough natural light? If you have big windows with ton of light coming in, than it would work. But if your home is darker with little windows, it might not be the best option.
- If the thought of having photos taken in your home stresses you out then it's not the right place. You may feel like your home is not photo ready and that's absolutely fine! Thankfully, there are other options.
If the idea of an "in home" session rings true with you there are plenty of options to find on Airbnb. Luckily, we live in an area with lots of variations when it comes to home styles. And Airbnb has them all in one easy to find place. From modern to tropical styles, we can definitely find the right look for you.
Insider Tip: I can usually reach out to hosts to see if they offer lower rates if we only need the space for a couple hours during the week.
This is where the magic happens so we definitely want to showcase that area. However, if this feels like a daunting task, don't worry. There are plenty of office space options available.
This is like Airbnb but for professional spaces. If your office is not photo ready or too dark, then finding something with Peerspace is a great option. They offer hourly rates for anything from homes to co-working spaces. Locally, one great option is COLAB located in Vero Beach. You can find their information here.
We can have a lot of fun with spaces. If you want some coffee and snacks involved in your session then this could be a great option. Some of my favorites:
- Gilbert's Coffee Bar (view website)
- Blue Door Coffee Bar (view website)
- Roasted Record Coffee and Vinyl (view website)
- Old Florida Coffee Co. (view website)
- That Crepe Place (view website)
Breweries are always fun, amiright?? Can't go wrong with some brewskies! Having your branding session in a brewery or at a local wine bar can be perfect for certain moody vibes.
- Lush Lounge (view website)
- Le Grande Martier (view website)
- Hudson's On The River (view website)
- Ocean Republic Brewery (view website)
- Sailfish Brewing Company (view website)
The outdoors can be just as good as any other locations, especially if your business is community oriented. Lawyers, realtors, photographers, and travel experts are great examples of this. Putting yourself in your community is a great way to connect to your clients. Some great downtown areas are:
- West Palm Beach
- Fort Pierce
- Jensen Beach
If your vibe is more that of a outdoors business such as a social worker, yoga instructor, or Sports Coach then a local park could be a great fit. Outdoor parks and areas are:
- Jupiter Inlet/Dubois Park
- Memorial Park in Stuart
- Indian Riverside Park
- Honestly there's too many to list, so reach out and we'll find one!
Sometimes your business is quite particular that a specific location is necessary. Don't fret! I can make anything work in any space. From a personal trainer, to a pilot, to winemakers, I've got you covered! Other creative locations could be:
- Hotel Lobby
- Retail Stores (ie: wine stores for vintners)
- Showrooms (ie: furniture stores for interior designers)
Respect The Space
At the end of the day it is always important that we have permission to shoot in public (yet private) spaces. Retail stores and restaurants are normally okay with us shooting in the area so long as we respect the patrons and their stores. And most spaces allow it if we mention them on social media! I'm always down for a shout out!
It is important that we always make sure to reach out and ask about any fees or restrictions. Sometimes no flash photography is allowed or there are certain areas that we cannot shoot in. Some parks also require fees to enter. So long as we respect each other, we're good!